- This event has passed.
Free Farmers Market In A Box Event
June 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This Free Farmers Market In A Box Event is open to anyone in the community needing food support.
Every household will receive:
- 1 box of fruits and vegetables
- 1 box of mixed dairy items
- 1 box of meat (chicken & pork)
When: Friday, June 12 from 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Where: Allianz Field, 400 Snelling Avenue N., St. Paul, MN 55104
How to Participate:
- We encourage everyone to drive to this event. Every household will receive 50 pounds of food and this is the safest, delivery model during this COVID-19 time. Households are encouraged to drive together. We will be able to accommodate people who walk up but participants should be prepared to carry away 50 pounds of fresh, perishable food.
- Please access the event from Snelling Avenue. Follow signs and traffic direction on the day of the event.
- We will have enough to provide food to 700 households or more.
This program is made possible by the COVID Food Assistance Program.
FINAL EVENT DETAILS:
To everyone planning to be in attendance tomorrow, here are some final details to help you prepare for the event:
1. We encourage everyone to drive to this event and to carpool with a friend or neighbor so we can serve households as quickly and safely as possible.
2. You will ONLY be able to enter the stadium area by driving North on Snelling Avenue.
Here are further driving instructions:
– From Snelling Avenue, enter at Spruce Tree Drive
– Follow signs and traffic control to line up in the North Parking Lot, North of the Great Lawn
– As directed by traffic control staff, cars will then drive on Simpson Avenue and around onto Shields Avenue
– As directed, you will then stop on Shields Avenue and volunteers will load the boxes of food in your vehicle as you enter a few simple questions for our record keeping
3. If you do walk up instead of driving, you should be prepared to carry 50 pounds of food away and the pedestrian pick up will occur on the Great Lawn (see map). Please bring carts or other things to carry away your food.
4. We will be offering three boxes — one produce, one dairy, and one meat. All of these boxes were pre-packed by the USDA as part of the COVID Food Assistance Program as a way to preserve fresh items from local farmers. Please note, that the meat boxes will/may contain pork. We apologize in advance for the families who do not eat pork. You can take the box and give the pork items to a friend/neighbor OR you can take the other two boxes.
5. We will have enough food to serve 700-800 households. We will run the event while supplies last.
6. The event is scheduled to run from 10:00 a.m. – Noon.
It is going to be a busy day so please be patient with our volunteers and staff!
This event is sponsored by:
- Allianz Life
- Minnesota United FC
- Keystone Community Services
- Second Harvest Heartland
If you have any questions about this event please contact us at 651-645-0349.