Keystone Face Mask Requirement Update
The health and safety of Keystone employees, volunteers and participants is a top priority for us and throughout the pandemic Keystone has followed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance to ensure we’re doing all we can to keep everyone safe.
New guidance from the CDC states that fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks inside or outside. The State of MN and now the City of Saint Paul have lifted mask mandates. Due to these changes and following guidance from the CDC, Keystone will no longer require that masks be worn by anyone coming into our sites. However, following CDC guidance, we strongly recommend face masks are worn by anyone at a Keystone site who is not fully vaccinated. We also support anyone who wants to wear a mask while working, volunteering, or participating at a Keystone site.
Keystone is committed to maintaining the safety and well-being of everyone working, volunteering or participating at our program locations and we will continue the safety practices below:
- Request that employees, volunteers and participants stay home if they are exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms
- Maintain social distancing at all sites at the comfort level of the employee, participant or volunteer
- Continue our reservation system for bike shop sales and repairs
- Require pre-registration for youth programs and for in-person senior programs that will resume in July
- Follow CDC guidelines for hosting summer youth programs
- Continue our increased safety and cleaning protocols, including providing masks for staff and volunteers (and people who request them) and hand sanitizer stations at all sites
Plans for Reopening
Keystone will also be re-opening the Merriam Park and West 7th Community Centers to the public beginning on Monday, June 21st. We will be open at West 7th from 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and at Merriam Park from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We will continue to update our community as we have more details about our reopening plans. Stay tuned for more information!